Prior Coursework Transfer Credit

Students transferring with 12 or more semester units must:
  • Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (C-) or better. The GPA includes all grades received, including those for classes that have been repeated.
  • Submit official transcripts of all college work.
  • File an application with an application fee.
  • Receive an acceptance letter from Enrollment Services.
Students transferring with fewer than 12 semester units must:
  • Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (B) for all academic high school work. Any college work completed is considered when reaching a decision.
  • Submit official transcripts of all high school and college work.
  • File an application and application fee.
  • Receive an acceptance letter from Enrollment Services.

A student whose GPA is slightly below 2.0 may be admitted as a conditional degree candidate by submitting a personal statement demonstrating how he or she can be successful in an advanced university degree program.

Non-coursework Transfer Credit

  • Advanced Placement Examinations of the College Board
  • Undergraduate-level correspondence courses from an accredited institution
  • CLEP General and Subject Examinations
  • DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
  • American College Testing (ACT) Proficiency Examination Program (PEP)
  • American Institute of Banking courses not completed at a community college
  • Professional Military Education (PME) evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE)
  • Training Programs evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) or the National Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI)
  • One year's uninterrupted active duty military service
  • Work experience for credit (Cael)
  • Online courses
  • A student may transfer up to 93 semester units of community college credit.
  • Credits may be transferred from community colleges, two-year and four-year institutions, and testing services.
  • A minimum of 30 units must be completed at Golden Gate University.
  • Courses must have been completed with at least a C to transfer.
  • Transfer credits for cooperative education units earned at other accredited US institutions are subject to the approval of the appropriate school dean.
  • Credits may not be transferred into certificate programs.
  • The maximum number of transfer credits from vocational course work may be limited by Enrollment Services.
  • Courses not specifically articulated may transfer as elective credit.
  • Additional courses may fulfill the Liberal Studies Core requirement based on content and units earned.
  • A student may file a petition regarding disputes.
Academic Excellence Scholarship Program

Golden Gate University determines each student's eligibility for a transfer scholarship based on his or her transfer GPA and years of full-time work experience. When applying for admission, a transferring student must provide transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended and should complete the scholarship application form. More About Scholarships.

AS-T Scholarship

Receive a scholarship when you transfer your Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T) in Business Administration to Golden Gate University and enroll in the Bachelor of Arts in Management degree program. Learn More.