- The Veteran must submit their DD 214 and all pages of their COE (Certificate of Eligibility) to the University Financial Aid Office.
- The Veteran must be fully admitted to GGU (either full admission or conditional admission) and enrolled in classes.
- The Veteran's Administration provides each eligible Veteran, who has 100% of Chapter 33 benefits, $19,198.31 for an academic year (fall, spring and summer).
- Once the $19,198.31 is used up, GGU provides a grant of up to 50% of tuition costs (not to exceed $12,000 per trimester).
- The Veterans Administration matches the other 50%.
- An eligible Veteran may incur no tuition costs out of pocket.
Enrollment: Veterans Benefits
YELLOW RIBBON PROGRAM
Golden Gate University is in the top 15% nationwide of colleges and universities who have committed to a large dollar grant to the Yellow Ribbon Program for our country's Veterans to start or complete their educational goals.
HOW IT WORKS
100% Chapter 33 allocation is:
|Fall semester tuition is:||- $12,000|
|Spring semester tuition is:||- $12,000|
|Balance owing is:||- $4,801.69|
GGU pays 50%:
VA pays 50%:
|There is no cost to the Veteran. If the Veteran attends summer, all the tuition will be covered up to $24,000. Satisfactory academic progress criteria apply both at the institution level and with the VA for benefits to continue.|
GGU tuition discounts and/or scholarships/grants are applied towards a portion of tuition costs only and may not be on top of the Post 9/11 and Yellow Ribbon. Students may not receive GGU tuition discounts and/or GGU scholarships/grants on top of the 100% tuition coverage by the Post 9/11 and Yellow Ribbon benefits.
The Veterans Administration determines the Veterans eligibility and issues a Certificate of Eligibility which must be submitted to GGU by the Veteran.
TO DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- Visit the GI Bill Web site: www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-888-442-4551
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON GGU'S PARTICIPATION
- Contact GGU's VA Certifying Officer at 415-442-7283 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER VETERANS BENEFITS PROGRAMS
Qualifying Veterans may use these benefits toward GGU tuition:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Tuition/Fees & Yellow Ribbon Program
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill: Active Duty
- Chapter 31 Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 32 Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 35 Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance
TO INITIATE THE CERTIFICATION OF YOUR GGU ENROLLMENT TO THE VA
- Contact GGU's VA Certifying Officer in the Financial Aid Office at 415-442-7283 or email@example.com
LAW SCHOOL VETERANS LEGAL ADVOCACY CENTER
GGU Law’s Veterans Legal Advocacy Center seeks to open the profession to more of our distinguished veterans and to both create and partner with others to offer programs that serve our students and support the legal needs of the broader veterans community.
GGU's academic programs of study are approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Board's State Approving Agency (HECB/SAA) for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, US Code.