Faculty: David Yeske
- Director of Financial PlanningDistinguished Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco
Dr. David Yeske, CFP® has been practicing financial planning since 1990. He is a past
Chair of the Financial Planning Association (US) (FPA) and has been named a top advisor
by Bloomberg Wealth Manager. David has been quoted in national media including The
Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Businessweek, Newsweek, USA Today, Investors
Business Daily, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Journal of Financial Planning. In
2015, Dr. Yeske was appointed Practitioner Editor by Journal of Financial Planning.
Throughout his career, he has appeared on CBS, CNBC, CNN and NBC News. David and the
Yeske Buie approach to investing were profiled in the Wall Street Journal in 2009
and David was again profiled in the Wall Street Journal in 2010 on "The Science of
Financial Advising." David has written feature articles for Research Magazine, San
Francisco Magazine and The Journal of Retirement Planning.
David holds an appointment Director of Financial Planning and as a Distinguished Adjunct Professor in Golden Gate University's Ageno School of Business, where he teaches the capstone Cases in Financial Planning course. He served as Chair of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) PAC in 2005 and 2006, and chaired FPA's Research Center Team and its Academic Advisory Council from 2007 to 2012. David received FPA's Heart of Financial Planning award in 2012. He is also a long-time Mentor in FPA's Residency Program.
RESEARCH INTERESTS & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Financial Planner as Strategist
- Policy-Based Financial Planning
- Financial Market Theory
- Selected Publications
- BS (Applied Economics), MA (Economics), University of San Francisco
- DBA, Golden Gate University
- Policy-Based Financial Planning as Decision Architecture, Journal of Financial Planning (38-45), December 2014
- Contributed 13 chapters to the CFP Board’s Financial Planning Competency Handbook, John Wiley & Sons, April 2013
- Dave and Elissa Buie contributed a chapter titled "Policy-Based Financial Planning: Decision Rules for a Changing World" to Investor Behavior: the Psychology of Financial Planning and Investing, Wiley Finance, February 2014
- Finding the Planning In Financial Planning, Journal of Financial Planning, September 2010
- Policy-Based Financial Planning Provides Touchstone in a Turbulent World, Journal of Financial Planning, July 2006
PROFESSIONAL & Teaching eXPerience
- 2015 - Present: Director of Financial Planning, Golden Gate University
- 1995 - Present: Distinguished Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University
- 2015 - Present: Practitioner Editor, Journal of Financial Planning
- 1990 - Present: Managing Director, Yeske Buie
- Co-Chair, FPA Retreat 2009
- Chair, FPA Research Center Team, 2008-2010
- Chair, FPA PAC, 2005-2006
- Chairman of the Board, 2004
- National President, 2003
- Member, US Technical Advisor Group (TAG) for ISO 22222, Personal Financial Planning
HONORS & AWARDS
- Heart of Financial Planning Award, Financial Planning Association, 2012
- Distinguished Adjunct Faculty Award, Golden Gate University, 2010
MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
- David Yeske, On the Science of Financial Advising, Wall Street Journal
Dave talks to the WSJ about the importance of bringing a scientific approach to wealth management.
- A Return to Real Estate, Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal profiles Dave and his firm's investment philosophy.
- Debt Pitfalls, CBS Evening News
Dave talks to CBS reporter Trish Regan about what people need to do to get out of debt.