Faculty: Kathy Langsam
- Senior Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco
Kathy Langsam is a licensed Marriage Family Therapist. She has supervised and supported Marriage Family therapists and Social Work trainees, interns and licensed staff in her various roles as Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Director, Director of Training and Internship Program for twelve years in community mental health throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Kathy has practiced and developed collaborative programs for over fifteen years in a variety of settings including milieu, schools, county mental health, county probation, clinics, and non-profit community service agencies.
Kathy holds a Masters in Counseling Psychology, with a double emphasis in Family Therapy and Child/Adolescent Treatment from John F. Kennedy University. She is a Certified Supervisor by the California Association of Marriage Family Therapists and she facilitates consultation groups with supervisors. Kathy is also adjunct faculty at Golden Gate University and University of San Francisco. Her specialties include underserved populations, high-risk child, adolescence and their families. Kathy is a member of the Quality Improvement Committee for Marin County Mental Health.
- MA (Clinical Psychology), John F. Kennedy University, Orinda, CA
- Certification in Advanced Family and Child/Adolescent Treatment
- BA (Political Science), University of California, Los Angeles
- California Association of Marriage Family Therapists
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- CAMFT Certified Supervisor
- The Praeger Handbook of Community Mental Health Practice, co-editor with Doreen Maller and Kathy Fritchle (Praeger: 2013). ISBN: 978-0-313-39953-4. Volume 1: Working in the Local Community; Volume 2: Special Circumstances and Challenges; Volume 3: Working in the Global Community.
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2008 - Present: Adjunct Faculty for MFT and Counseling Psychology programs, Golden Gate University
- 2010 - Present: Adjunct Faculty for MFT Counseling Psychology program, University of San Francisco
- 2012 - Present: Adjunct Faculty for MFT and Counseling Psychology programs, California Institute of Integral Studies
HONORS & AWARDS
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award, Golden Gate University, 2013
- CAMFT Mary Riemersma Distinguished Clinical Member Award, 2015