Faculty: LouAnn Conner
- Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco
LouAnn Conner received her MBA in International Business from The Johns Hopkins University,
Carey School of Business. She is the Founder and CEO of SagaciousThink, which was
founded in 2008. SagaciousThink supports companies by offering operations excellence
either as interim management, or in a project or consulting capacity. Connor especially
enjoys helping companies understand their challenges and opportunities as they seek
to expand internationally. She is on the board of directors for the California Spain
Chamber of Commerce.
Connor works with global governments seeking to send SMEs to the US to understand best practices in business planning and leadership. She also advises startups, co-chairs the Clean Tech committee for Astia, and has mentored companies participating in the Clean Tech Open. Prior to SagaciousThink, Conner held senior leadership positions at Booz Allen Hamilton, Honeywell- TSI, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers. She teaches at Golden Gate University and UC Berkeley Extension. In addition, Conner serves on the deans advisory board at the Carey Business School and on the executive committee of the Alumni Council at JHU. In her spare time, she can be found traveling and exploring foods and cultures.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Global Strategic/Operational Planning
- Strategic Business Partnership Development
- International Management Experience
- Contract Negotiations
- Capital Investment Planning and Financial Modeling
- Forecasting and Budgeting (Revenue, Operations, Capital)
- Business Process Improvement and Re-engineering
- Cost Reduction and Profit Optimization
- MBA (International Business), The Johns Hopkins University
- BS (Civil Engineering), Iowa State University
- MBA (International Business), Iowa State University
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Master Certification in Business Process Management, Association of Information and Image Management
- Six Sigma Training, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
PROFESSIONAL AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2010 - Present: Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University
- 2012 - Present: Adjunct Professor, UC Berkeley Extension
- 2008 - Present: Founder & CEO, SagaciousThink
- 2006 - 2008: Governance - Sr. Manager/Director, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- 2005 - 2006: Senior Manager of Program Support, Honeywell - Technical Services, Inc.
- 2003 - 2005: Program Manager, Booz Allen & Hamilton
- 2000 - 2001: Director of Engineering and Operations, Metromedia Fiber Network, Inc.
- 1999 - 2000: Senior Project Manage, Teleglobe, Inc.
- 1992 - 1999: Senior Project Manager, MFS Network Technologies, Inc.,
- Deans Alumni Advisory Board (DAAB) The Johns Hopkins University, Carey School of Business
- Alumni Council, The Johns Hopkins University
- Co Chair of Astia Advisory Board on Clean Technology
- Mentor and Advisor, Astia Clean Tech Open