Faculty: Marcia Ruben, PhD
- Chair, Graduate Management Program
- San Francisco
Marcia's experience, skill and knowledge of human and organizational dynamics in strategic
contexts, have repeatedly produced pragmatic change strategies and aligned tactics.
Her one-on-one coaching with leaders consistently enables solid advances whether the
need is developing within their current position or advancing to the next level. Marcias
consulting engagements yield insight, guidance and direction to individuals and organizations
alike. And her facilitation quickens the untangling that's necessary for progress,
whether the knots are within individuals, among team members, or arise from the complexities
of the organization as a whole.
Marcia has experience with leaders in a variety of business sectors, including high tech, clean tech, biotech, healthcare, financial services, retail, private equity, nonprofits, and professional services firms. Coaching, consulting and facilitation engagements include work with CEOs, EVPs, executive directors, general managers, vice presidents, and senior directors at organizations ranging from start-ups to Global 50 companies, including Autodesk, Genentech, and Stanford University.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership/Organization Assessment
- Leadership and Team Effectiveness
- Large Systems Change
- PhD (human and organizational systems), Fielding Graduate University
- MA (human and organizational systems), Fielding Graduate University
- MS (counseling), California State University, Hayward
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
Forthcoming book, Tangles: Transforming Hidden Forces That Strangle Great Organizations, reveals entanglements that create snags for many organizations. Tangles presents experience-tested tools for surfacing, understanding, and addressing the human and organizational dynamic tangles that threaten productivity and profits.
- Evidence-based Coaching Certificate, Fielding Graduate University
- Professional Certified Coach, ICF
- Certified Management Consultant, IMC
- Certified in Assessment tools including: MBTI, DiSC, MIR, HBDI, EQI, Five Dynamics, Lominger