Faculty: Marvin Weinbaum
- Senior Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco, Online
Marvin Weinbaum brings a wide-ranging experience at the intersection of education,
technology and management. A native New Yorker, he has served as both an administrator
and practitioner across more than thirty years in public and private, K-12 and higher
Prior to moving to San Francisco, he served as Executive Director for Information Technology at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, one of eighteen campuses within the City University of New York. At John Jay he initiated that schools first distance learning program.
During a four year hiatus from higher education he served as Executive Director of Technical Support Services for the New York City Board of Education, a 20 billion dollar, K-12 organization serving over one million students in 1700 school buildings throughout NYC.
He is privileged to find himself at the epicenter of the GGU's thriving online learning community.
- MS (educational administration) Pace University
- MS (counseling) The City College of New York/CUNY
- BA (English) The City College of New York/CUNY
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2001 - 2013: Dean, CyberCampus, Golden Gate University
- 1998 - 2001: Executive Director, Information Technology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, The City University of New York
- 1996 - 1998: Director Of Technical Support Services, New York City Board of Education
- 1993 - 1996: Director, Suffolk Regional Information Center, Eastern Suffolk BOCES
- 1985 - 1993: Adjunct Professor, LaGuardia Community College
- 1985 - 1993: Director Of Computer Services, LaGuardia Community College
- 1979 - 1985: Executive Director, The Correctional Education Consortium, Long Island City, N.Y.
- 1977 - 1979: Assistant Principal, Nassau Board of Cooperative Educational Services
- 1970 - 1977: Classroom Teacher, Guidance Counselor, The New York City Board of Education