Faculty: Walter Stevenson
- Business, Undergraduate
- San Francisco
Dr. Walter Stevenson enjoys teaching the Social Responsibility course in the EMBA
program, integrating current events into the study of the topic. He has been on the
faculty at GGU since 1971, and has since been involved in facilitation at the Creative
Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) of the Creative Education Foundation.
Stevenson's work with creative problem solving outside the classroom most recently has been with Johnson & Johnson's subsidiary One Touch, as they were innovating on their product design. He recently worked on a problem solving team for Visa, as they explored product enhancements. He is a volunteer leader in the Facilitating Creative Leadership program a six-level training program designed to develop exceptional facilitators and has served as its director.
Stevenson's teaching of creativity and facilitation has taken him to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, American Samoa, Canada, China, Czech Republic, and Brazil. In Billund, Denmark, the international headquarters of the Lego Company, he became an approved Lego Serious Play facilitator, using Lego bricks as part of the facilitation process. He likes to spend some of his spare time watercolor painting, and most recently has started to make paintings with dyes on silk.
RESEARCH INTERESTS & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Human Resource and Management
- AB, English Literature, University of California, Berkeley
- MBA, DBA, General Management, Golden Gate University
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 1972 - Present: Full-Time Faculty, Golden Gate University
- Retail Store Management
- College and University Administration
- Creative Education Foundation
- MBTI Approved
- Board Member, Big Brothers / Big Sisters
HONORS & AWARDS
- Judith E. Browning Award for Outstanding Teaching, 2008