Student Life: Wellness Resources
At GGU Wellness Resources, we know that life doesn't stop when you become a student. Our mission is to support you in balancing the other important areas of your life with your educational demands, as well as enhancing your academic success while you are working toward your degree.
Privacy is always respected and all our records are maintained offline and separately from academic records.
GGU students have access to these health education resources:
- Student Health 101. This free monthly online magazine offers health and wellness information for student success. Its interactive format includes options that allow you to participate and upload your own video or submit your comments about topics ranging from fitness at the gym to healthy study habits or managing relationships. Spend just 10 minutes reading Student Health 101 and you can learn some helpful tips and even enter to win the monthly $1,000 drawing!
- Drop by our Wellness Wednesday table in various campus lobbies, 4-7pm. Wellness Wednesday introduces you to local health and wellness-oriented businesses and services with promotions especially for GGU students.
- Request information or an event to address topics of interest such as: work/life balance materials, dealing with stress, effectively managing your time and energy, handling test/presentation anxiety, developing your vision for your life and setting goals to meet that vision, and other topics. Our staff offers private consulting on these and other health and wellness topics, either 1-1 or in small groups.
- Event and activities to support you in increasing your health awareness and achieving your wellness lifestyle goals.
- Veterans Resources including through our partnership with the SFVA.
- Health Insurance. Covered California provides health insurance options for eligible California residents. Students who hold F-1 or J-1 visas should check with the Graduate Advising Center for insurance options.
GGU students can receive confidential, individual and personalized counseling and support:
- Up to 20 counseling appointments on our San Francisco campus
- The first 4 sessions are free and remaining sessions are $20/session
- Telephone consultation to assist students who cannot come to campus for counseling to find affordable resources close to school, home or work
- Referrals to appropriate off-campus health services including, conventional, holistic and complementary practitioners and services
When you contact us, please leave your telephone number and the best times to reach you. For individual counseling, we will call you to do an assessment and we make every attempt to schedule an initial appointment or give you referrals within a week of your first call to us.