Profiles: Dean's Message: Bruce F. Braden School of Taxation
Dean, Bruce F. Braden School of Taxation
Thank you for your interest in the MS in Taxation program. Golden Gate University has been providing the master's in taxation for over 45 years earning a reputation for providing the most comprehensive and applicable tax education available. We are fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and are nationally recognized as the oldest and largest program. Students can complete our 10-course degree or any one of our certificate programs by attending courses at our San Francisco, Seattle or Los Angeles sites or by taking courses in our online program. Our courses are taught by full-time and part-time instructors who have advanced degrees (law and/or master's degrees) and who are experts in their field.
Students in our MS in taxation program can expect:
- Courses which stress practical application as well as theory and which are designed to prepare the student to be a knowledgeable tax professional.
- A comprehensive, current, and relevant curriculum which is reviewed regularly for input by an advisory board made up of partners and managers of Big Four and regional accounting firms.
- Flexible scheduling allowing students to complete their degrees in several ways: online; on a part-time basis in the evenings; or on a full-time basis with day courses. Full-time students complete the program in nine months with a tax-season internship (available at the San Francisco location only).
- Certificate programs in areas of general taxation or areas of specialization such as international tax or estate planning.
- Classes taught at downtown, financial-district locations in San Francisco, Seattle, and Los Angeles.
- Accredited online program allowing students to take courses or complete the full degree in a highly interactive online format.
- Competitive tuition with flexible payment options.
- A highly successful internship program allowing students opportunities to study and work with other top professionals in their field.
- The Tax-update Lecture Series, promoted and underwritten by the GGU School of Tax Association of Tax Professionals and presenting local tax experts who speak on their area of specialization.
- An active and supportive alumni base of tax professionals, many of whom are partners and staff of Big Four and regional accounting firms.
We are pleased that you are considering enrolling in our program and invite you to further explore specifics of our degree and certificate programs. Please don't hesitate to any one of our full-time professors if you have any questions or would like additional information or assistance.