Certificate in Accounting
The graduate certificate in accounting will help you expand your accounting knowledge and increase your career opportunities. It may fulfill the education requirements to sit for the CPA or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examinations. Since it is just 15 units, it is ideal for anyone wanting to take the CPA or CMA exams soon or for working professionals looking to get ahead quickly.
Students who complete the certificate may be able to enter the master of accountancy degree and complete it with as few as five additional classes, depending on the students academic performance in the certificate program and on whether the certificate classes selected satisfy the MAc degree requirements.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
Accounting Courses: $2,700 per 3-unit course
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
Students must complete five, 302-level or higher ACCTG prefix courses for a total of 15 units. These courses may be taken in person or online through eLearning. With the written approval of the dean of the School of Accounting, students may substitute one 300-level ACCTG course with a course from the School of Taxation or a 300-level ITM prefix course from the Ageno School of Business.
All prerequisites must be satisfied.
All courses must be taken at Golden Gate University with an overall B average (3.00 grade-point average) or better. Each course must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better.
- Ananth Avva, Adjunct Professor
- Kevin Birtchnell, Assistant Professor
- Sean Bowman, Adjunct Professor
- Steven B. Boyles, Adjunct Professor
- Ahmet Cagin, Adjunct Professor
- Ronald Codd, Adjunct Professor
- John Denning, Adjunct Professor
- Robert A. Elya, Visiting Professor
- Farima Fakoor, Assistant Professor
- Irene Fong, Adjunct Professor
- Jed Greene, Adjunct Professor
- John G. Herndon, Adjunct Professor
- Honorable Christopher R. Inama, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Arthur T. Perkins Jr., Adjunct Professor
- Jeffrey H. Karlin, Associate Professor
- Kenneth Kurtz, Adjunct Professor
- Anna Lee, Adjunct Professor
- Trent Livingston, Adjunct Professor
- Xuhong Luo, Adjunct Professor
- John G. McWilliams, Professor
- Dennis S. Milosky, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Gary Mingle, Adjunct Professor
- Ted Mitchell, Distinguished Adjunct Professor
- Philip Neyland, Distinguished Adjunct Professor
- Eric Poer, Adjunct Professor
- Matthew Reardon, Adjunct Professor
- Paul Regan, Adjunct Professor
- Angela Robinson
- Kristin L. Rosi, Adjunct Professor
- Lily Sieux, Adjunct Professor
- Lisa D. Slater, Associate Professor, Chair,School of Accounting
- Fred Sroka, Dean, School of Accounting & Bruce F. Braden School of Taxation
- Elliot Weil, Adjunct Professor
- Sacha Zadmehran, Adjunct Professor
- Iana Zemniakova, Adjunct Professor
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.