Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting
A condensed certificate program designed to prepare undergraduate accounting students for the CPA, CMA, or a graduate accounting program.
The undergraduate certificate program in accounting is designed to enhance students' accounting knowledge, expand their career opportunities, fulfill the accounting education requirements for the CPA or CMA examination, or satisfy the admission requirements for one of our graduate accounting programs. Students will gain an expansive knowledge of state and federal accounting standards and information systems through both theoretical and practical applications.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
Undergraduate Courses: $1,830 per 3-unit course
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
This program is offered at the following locations: online.
All 18 units must be upper-division accounting (100-level, prefix ACCTG) and must be taken at Golden Gate University with a grade of C or better. Students intending to apply to the Master of Accountancy (MAc) program must attain at least a 3.0 (B) overall GPA in courses which are part of the MAc foundation.
- Kevin Birtchnell, Assistant ProfessorDirector
- Ahmet Cagin, Adjunct Professor
- Elizabeth Capener, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Lori Duffy, Adjunct Professor
- Farima Fakoor, Assistant Professor
- Joanne C. Ferris, Adjunct Professor
- Thomas Ho, Adjunct Professor
- John Lord, Adjunct Professor
- Xuhong Luo, Adjunct Professor
- Dennis S. Milosky, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Ghassen Mosbahi, Adjunct Professor
- Greg Regan, Adjunct Professor
- James Schwartz, Associate Professor
- Denise Silva, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Jack D. Simon, Distinguished Adjunct Professor
- John H. Simpson, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Lisa D. Slater, Assistant ProfessorChair
- Monique Smalling, Adjunct Professor
- Iana Zemniakova, Adjunct Professor
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.