Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting
A condensed certificate program designed to prepare undergraduate accounting students for the CPA, CMA, or a graduate accounting program.
The undergraduate certificate program in accounting is designed to enhance students' accounting knowledge, expand their career opportunities, fulfill the accounting education requirements for the CPA or CMA examination, or satisfy the admission requirements for one of our graduate accounting programs. Students will gain an expansive knowledge of state and federal accounting standards and information systems through both theoretical and practical applications.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
Undergraduate Courses: $1,770 per 3-unit course
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
This program is offered at the following locations: Online .
All 18 units must be upper-division accounting (100-level, prefix ACCTG) and must be taken at Golden Gate University with a grade of C or better. Students intending to apply to the Master of Accountancy (MAc) program must attain at least a 3.0 (B) overall GPA in courses which are part of the MAc foundation.
- Kevin Birtchnell, assistant professor
- Ahmet Cagin, adjunct professor
- Elizabeth Capener, senior adjunct professor
- Daniel Carraher, adjunct professor
- Lori Duffy, adjunct professor
- Farima Fakoor, assistant professor
- Joanne Ferris, adjunct professor
- Thomas Ho, adjunct professor
- Rajat Kuver, adjunct professor
- John Lord, adjunct professor
- Dennis Milosky, senior adjunct professor
- Gary Mingle, adjunct professor
- Dinyar Mistry, adjunct professor
- Ghassen Mosbahi, adjunct professor
- Edith Nahapetyan, adjunct professor
- Greg Regan, adjunct professor
- James Schwartz, associate professor
- Henry Siegel, adjunct professorDenise Silva, adjunct professor
- Jack Simon, distinguished adjunct professor
- John Simpson, senior adjunct professor
- Lisa Slater, assistant professor
- Monique Smalling, adjunct professor
- Iana Zemniakova, adjunct
All Undergraduate Faculty