Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management
A customizable graduate certificate program designed to prepare business students to manage a heath-services organization.
The Heath Services Management certificate will be of interest to those with a health sciences, social work, or nursing background who want to learn the business skills needed to move into management. It focuses special attention on current and emerging issues impacting health services management. Students will also gain expertise on the role and function of different types of public and private health insurance programs.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
Ageno School of Business Courses: $2,520 per 3-unit course
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
Total Units — 18
Required Courses — 18 units
Four of the following:
- HSM 374
- Healthcare Economics and Public Policy
- HSM 375
- Health Services Quality Assessment and Improvement
- HSM 376
- Continuum of Long-Term Care
- HSM 377
- Financial Management of Health Services Organizations
- HSM 378
- Managing the Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Services
- HSM 379
- Evolution of Managed Care and Integrated Health Services Delivery Systems
- HSM 396A-ZZ
- Special Topics in Health Services Management
- HSM 398
- Internship in Health Services Management (with approval of chair)
- HSM 399
- Directed Study in Health Services Management
HEALTH SERVICES MANAGEMENT AND IT HEALTH CARE DEPARTMENT
Golden Gate University's instructors are what sets us apart from similar institutions. Most of our faculty are professionals working in their fields of expertise. They bring their firsthand experiences and knowledge to the classroom, incorporating cutting-edge practices from the business and legal communities.