Undergraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
With a certificate in human resource management, students will learn to understand the problems of today's changing human resource industry. They will also learn effective personnel management techniques and organizational structures. At only 15 units, it is a quick way for working professionals and students alike to gain firsthand experience in human resource management.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
Undergraduate Courses: $1,830 per 3-unit course.
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
Required Courses -- 15 units
- MGT 173
- Human Resource Management
- MGT 174
- Labor-Management Relations
- MGT 175
- Personnel Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- MGT 176
- Compensation Decision Making
- MGT 177
- Training Methods and Administration
One of the following may be substituted for one of the above:
- Lynn Byk, Adjunct Professor
- James Davis, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Lawrence Ebert, Adjunct Professor
- Roger Handeland, Adjunct Professor
- John M. Harding, Adjunct Professor
- John Hawes, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Tina Jackson, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Shinmei Kiyohara, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Steven Lee, Adjunct Professor
- Christopher Lynch, Adjunct Professor
- Barry Miller, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Hassan Mirza, Adjunct Professor
- Laura Pogue, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Alan R. Roper, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Victor Shin, Adjunct Professor
- Dorothy J. Smith, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Richard Trutz, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Marvin Weinbaum, Senior Adjunct Professor
- William Wesley, Adjunct Professor
- Jeffrey D. Yergler, Assistant Professor, Chair Undergraduate Management
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.