Graduate Certificate in State and Local Taxation
A graduate certificate designed for students interested in becoming experts on state and local tax policies.
The Graduate Certificate in State and Local tax is a 12-unit program designed for tax professionals who are interested in building a broad-based understanding of state and local tax issues. The focus of the program is on the taxation of business entities (particularly those that operate in a multistate environment), but residency and personal income-tax issues will also be discussed. The certificate is designed to create the foundation for a career as a state and local tax expert. The program will also provide the skills necessary to become competent in doing multistate tax research to effectively develop answers to client questions and planning options.
All courses (except TA 346K) are offered on-site at the SF campus and online
TA 346K offered on-site at the Seattle campus
Admission to the program is open to anyone who has successfully completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants must provide an official and complete transcript documenting the award of the undergraduate degree with an overall grade point average of B or better.
Students currently enrolled in the MST program, can count the classes listed under "Curriculum" towards the completion of their MST Degree.
Taxation Courses: $3,195 per 3-unit course.
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
TOTAL UNITS -- 12
REQUIRED COURSE -- 3 UNITS
Select one of the following:
- TA 320
- Multistate Taxation of California Business Entities
- TA 315
- Multistate Taxation of Business Entities (Other States)
ELECTIVE COURSES -- 9 UNITSStudent can take both TA 320 and TA 315 (above), and count one of these classes as the required course and the other one as an elective course.
Select three from the following list:
- William Amon, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Lloyd W. Born, Adjunct Professor
- Jaime Calleja, Adjunct Professor
- Mary P. Canning, Dean Emerita,
- Audrey Ching, Adjunct Professor
- Claudia Choy, Adjunct Professor
- Randy J. Churchill, Adjunct Professor
- Gabriel Cohen, Adjunct Professor
- Tori Fischer, Lecturer
- Melinda Fisher, Adjunct Professor
- Timothy J. Fitzgibbon, Adjunct Professor
- Adam Halpern, Distinguished Adjunct Professor
- David E. Hardesty, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Jeffrey Haveson, Adjunct Professor
- Helen Hayes, Adjunct Professor
- James S. Henderson, Associate Professor
- Jeffrey M. (Jeff) Howson, Adjunct Professor
- Wendell Hutchinson, Assistant Professor
- John J. White Jr.
- Jeffrey H. Karlin, Associate Professor
- Anthony J. Kim, Senior Adjunct Professor
- George J. Koutelieris, Adjunct Professor
- Eric J. Lee, Director of Academic Quality & Training
- Andrew Liu, Adjunct Professor
- Ronald Marcuson
- Marc Stern, Adjunct Professor
- Judd Robert Marten, Adjunct Professor
- Robert M. McCallum, Adjunct Professor
- John G. McWilliams, Professor
- William K. Norman, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Kirk Paxson, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Leslie Pesterfield, Adjunct Professor
- James F. Regan, Adjunct Professor
- Christopher J. Richmond, Adjunct Professor
- Gregory Roer, DirectorAdjunct Professor
- Dorothy A. Roer, Adjunct Professor
- Jordan Rose, Adjunct Professor
- Laura Ross, Adjunct Professor
- Donald George De Santis, Adjunct Professor
- Michael G. Schinner, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Navineet Sethi, Adjunct Professor
- Stuart Simon, Adjunct Professor
- Stanley Smiley, Adjunct Professor
- Fred Sroka, Dean, School of Accounting & Bruce F. Braden School of Taxation
- Diane Tebelius, Adjunct Professor
- Gary P. Tober, Adjunct Professor
- Michael L. Vinson, Professor
- Belan Wagner, Distinguished Lecturer
- Joseph G. Walsh, Professor
- Mark Alan Weiner, Adjunct Professor
- Gregory L. White, Adjunct Professor
- Kathleen K. Wright, Visiting Professor
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.