Faculty: Leslie Burton
- Bankruptcy Law
- Introduction to US Legal Systems
- Writing and Research
RESEARCH INTERESTS & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Bankruptcy Law
- Post-graduate law degrees, dual degrees, exchange agreements
- Writing and Editing
- LLM (highest honors), Golden Gate University School of Law
- JD (cum laude), Santa Clara University
- BA (magna cum laude), University of Portland
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Practiced bankruptcy litigation in San Francisco at Howard, Rice, Nemerovski, Canady, Falk & Rabkin
- Law Clerk to chief Judge of the US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- Deputy District Attorney, County of Sacramento
- Taught at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic; Marmara University Law School, Istanbul, Turkey; University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany; and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic.
- A Review of Great Legal Traditions: Civil Law, Common Law, and Chinese Law in Historical and Operational Perspective, 60 U. Kan. L.Rev. 1135 (2012).
- Editor's Take, 26 Real Property Law Reporter 196 (Sept. 2003).
- The Non-Discrimination Principle and Its Effect on the Education of Roma Children in the Czech Republic, 30 Capital Univ. L. Rev. 665 (2002).
- Kosovo: To Bomb or Not to Bomb? The Legality is the Question, 7 Annual Survey of Int'l. & Comp. L. 49 (2001).
- Saving the African Elephant, 1 Indian J. Envt'l. L. 61 (2000).
- An Overview of Insolvency Proceedings in Asia, 6 Annual Survey of Int'l. & Comp. L. 113 (2000).
- Toward an International Bankruptcy Policy in Europe: Four Decades in Search of a Treaty, 5 Annual Survey of Int'l. & Comp. L. 205 (1999).
- Limitations on Use of the California Homestead Exemption in Bankruptcy Cases: The Case for Following In re Pladson, 21 Calif. Bankruptcy J. 323 (1993). With Jeffrey C. Wurms.
- Member, California State Bar
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Association of Law Schools, sections on International Legal Exchange and Post-Graduate Legal Education
HONORS & AWARDS
- Fulbright Scholar, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Fellow, Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (German Accademic Exchange Service), Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- Fulbright Senior Specialist