Transferring to GGU is a convenient process designed to help students receive the maximum number of transfer units possible.



Candidates for master's degrees may transfer up to six 300- 400-level units from graduate course work completed at other regionally accredited institutions. Students who have earned a master's degree at an accredited institution may be eligible to transfer up to 12 graduate-level units to a GGU master's degree with the approval of the appropriate department chair or program director. All foundation program course requirements may be transferred if applicable courses were completed in prior academic course work. Students should note that certain 300- 400-level course requirements may not be fulfilled by courses taken at other institutions, as designated by the faculty. Exceptions to these requirements will be made only on petition to and approval by the Committee on Admissions and Academic Probation (CAAP).

Students who have completed graduate work at another institution may be admitted with up to 6 units of Advanced Program (300- 400-level) credit when courses submitted for transfer credit meet all of the following criteria:
  • They are taken at the graduate level.
  • They are applicable to the student's GGU degree objective.
  • They are taken at a regionally accredited institution with admission requirements comparable to those of GGU.
  • They are approved by the appropriate faculty member.
  • The following guidelines on graduate transfer credit should also be noted:
    • Courses completed with grades of B or better by students in graduate status are acceptable. (Courses with grades of B- are not acceptable for transfer).
    • The transcript shows that graduate units were given. (The units must not have been used toward completion of a bachelor's degree.)
    • Cooperative education units earned may be transferred with faculty approval.
    • Professional Military Education (PME) or training courses evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) may qualify for transfer credit. In considering the ACE recommendation, the university determines what level and amount of credit to accept.
    • Courses taken by correspondence are not acceptable for advanced program graduate transfer credit.


FIRST: View your Degree Program to identify course requirements.

THEN: Use the Tranfer Tool to see if your courses can transfer.


Golden Gate University participates in the California Community Colleges-Associate Degree for Transfer (CCC-ADT) program.

Students who have completed an Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T) in Business Administration at a participating California Community College are guaranteed transfer admission into Golden Gate University's Bachelor of Arts in Management degree program. California community college graduates participating in these programs who pursue the Bachelor of Arts or Science at GGU will typically have 63 or fewer units to earn to complete the degree.


Receive a scholarship when you transfer your Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T) in Business Administration to Golden Gate University and enroll in the Bachelor of Arts in Management degree program. Learn More.


Students transferring with 12 or more semester units must:
  • Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (C-) or better. The GPA includes all grades received, including those for classes that have been repeated.
  • Submit official transcripts of all college work.
  • File an application with an application fee.
  • Receive an acceptance letter from Enrollment Services.
Students transferring with fewer than 12 semester units must:
  • Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (B) for all academic high school work. Any college work completed is considered when reaching a decision.
  • Submit official transcripts of all high school and college work.
  • File an application and application fee.
  • Receive an acceptance letter from Enrollment Services.

A student whose GPA is slightly below 2.0 may be admitted as a conditional degree candidate by submitting a personal statement demonstrating how he or she can be successful in an advanced university degree program.


  • Advanced Placement Examinations of the College Board
  • Undergraduate-level correspondence courses from an accredited institution
  • CLEP General and Subject Examinations
  • DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
  • American College Testing (ACT) Proficiency Examination Program (PEP)
  • American Institute of Banking courses not completed at a community college
  • Professional Military Education (PME) evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE)
  • Training Programs evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) or the National Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI)
  • One year's uninterrupted active duty military service.


  • A student may transfer up to 93 semester units of community college credit.
  • Credits may be transferred from community colleges, two-year and four-year institutions, and testing services.
  • A minimum of 30 units must be completed at Golden Gate University.
  • Courses must have been completed with at least a C- to transfer.
  • Transfer credits for cooperative education units earned at other accredited US institutions are subject to the approval of the appropriate school dean.
  • Credits may not be transferred into certificate programs.
  • The maximum number of transfer credits from vocational course work may be limited by Enrollment Services.
  • Courses not specifically articulated may transfer as elective credit.
  • Additional courses may fulfill the Liberal Studies Core requirement based on content and units earned.
  • A student may file a petition regarding disputes.


Golden Gate University determines each student's eligibility for a transfer scholarship based on his or her transfer GPA and years of full-time work experience. When applying for admission, a transferring student must provide transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended and should complete the scholarship application form. More About Scholarships.