enrollment: Veterans Benefits
YELLOW RIBBON PROGRAM
Golden Gate University is in the top 15% nationwide of colleges and universities who have committed to a large dollar grant to the Yellow Ribbon Program for our country's Veterans to start or complete their educational goals.
How it Works
- The Veteran must submit their DD 214 and all pages of their COE (Certificate of Eligibility) to the University Financial Aid Office.
- The Veteran must be fullly admitted to GGU (either full admission or conditional admission) and enrolled in classes.
- The Veteran's Administration provides each eligible Veteran, who has 100% of Chapter 33 benefits, $17,500 for an academic year (fall, spring and summer).
- Once the $17,500 is used up, GGU provides a grant of up to 50% of tuition costs (not to exceed $7,200 per trimester).
- The Veterans Administration matches the other 50%.
- An eligible Veteran may incur no tuition costs out of pocket.
|Chapter 33 allocation is:
|Fall semester tuition is:
|Spring semester tuition is:||- $10,000|
|Balance owing is:||- $2,500|
GGU pays 50%:
VA pays 50%:
|There is no cost to the Veteran. If the Veteran attends summer, all the tuition will be covered up to $14,400. Satisfactory academic progress criteria apply both at the institution level and with the VA for benefits to continue.|
GGU tuition discounts and/or scholarships/grants are applied towards a portion of tuition costs only and may not be on top of the Post 9/11 and Yellow Ribbon. Students may not receive GGU tuition discounts and/or GGU scholarships/grants on top of the 100% tuition coverage by the Post 9/11 and Yellow Ribbon benefits.
The Veterans Administration determines the Veterans eligibility and issues a Certificate of Eligibility which must be submitted to GGU by the Veteran.
To Determine Your Eligibility
- Visit the GI Bill Web site: www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-888-442-4551
For More Information on GGU's Participation
- Contact GGU's VA Certifying Officer at 415-442-7283 or email@example.com
OTHER VETERANS BENEFITS PROGRAMS
Qualifying Veterans may use these benefits toward GGU tuition:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Tuition/Fees & Yellow Ribbon Program
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill: Active Duty
- Chapter 31 Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 32 Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 35 Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance
To initiate the certification of your GGU enrollment to the VA
- Contact GGU's VA Certifying Officer in the Financial Aid Office at 415-442-7283 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GGU's academic programs of study are approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Board's State Approving Agency (HECB/SAA) for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, US Code.