- Chair, Marketing and Public Relations Department
- San FranciscoCyber
Blodwen Tarter has over 25 years of management experience in marketing, product and systems development (including website development and e-commerce), strategic planning, and operations management with an emphasis on financial services and information technology. Her employers and clients have included Mead (now MeadWestvaco), Knight-Ridder, Charles Schwab, Ziff Corporation,
Wells Fargo, and several Silicon Valley start-ups.
At Golden Gate University, she teaches primarily marketing management, direct and database marketing, digital marketing and e-commerce, as well as new product development.
Dr. Tarter holds a BA with Distinction and MA from Stanford University, an MBA in marketing and finance from the University of Chicago, and a PhD from Golden Gate University. She is an award-winning case writer and has received several teaching awards.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Direct, Internet, and Interactive Marketing
- E-Commerce and E-Business
- Marketing Research
- New Product Development
- Marketing Management
BA with distinction, MA (history), Stanford University
MBA (marketing and finance), University of Chicago
PhD, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
PROFESSIONAL AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Twenty-plus years of management experience and consulting in marketing, product and systems development, strategic planning, and operations management with an emphasis on financial services and information technology. Employers/clients include Charles Schwab, Knight-Ridder, Ziff Davis, Mead, and Wells Fargo as well as start-ups.
- Golden Gate University, adjunct faculty 1992-2005, full-time faculty since 2006
- Visiting Professor, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia Summer 2006
American Marketing Association
DMEF Professors Academy
Product Development & Management Association
Catalog and E-Commerce Club of Northern California
San Francisco PR Roundtable, Member of the Board
GGU Marketing Club, Faculty Advisor
HONORS AND AWARDS
Direct Marketing Education Foundation Case-Writing Competition; First Place, 2011; Second Place 2010 (with co-authors Stacy Neier and Debra Zahay-Blatz); First Place, 2009 (with co-authors Mary Carvella and Debra Zahay-Blatz); Second Place, 2008 (with co-author Jack Saunders); First Place, 2007 (with co-author Sharmila Chatterjee)
Outstanding Adjunct Faculty, Ageno School of Business, 2004
Outstanding Adjunct Faculty, Department of Marketing, 2003 and 1993