Faculty: Joaquin Gonzalez
- Professor and Chair
Department of Public Administration; Professor
- San Francisco
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Public and Non profit Management
- Governance and anti-corruption
- Domestic and International Immigration Policies
- International politics
- Asian and American studies
- Global security and development studies
- Corporate social responsibility
- Faith and civic engagement
- PhD, University of Utah
- MPH, University of the Philippines-Diliman
- BA, History and Political Science, De La Salle University
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration, University of Utah
- Advanced Studies in Economics, World Bank Institute
PROFESSIONAL AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2000 - present: Golden Gate University, full time faculty
- National Advisor, The Pew Charitable Trust, Washington, DC
- Commissioner of Immigrant Rights, City and County of San Francisco, California
- Research Director, Institute On Governance, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Ottawa, Canada
- Consultant and Trainer: The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Governments of China, the Philippines, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia
- Immigration and American Cities (McFarland Publishing, forthcoming)
- Diaspora Diplomacy: Philippine Migration and its Soft Power Influences. Mill City Press and De La Salle University Publishing, December 2011.
- Religion at the Corner of Bliss and Nirvana: Politics, Identity, and Faith in New Migrant Communities. Duke University Press, September 2009.
- Filipino American Faith in Action: Immigration, Religion, and Civic Engagement. New York University Press, February 2009.
- Success Secrets to Maximize Business in the Philippines. Times Publishing, English & Chinese editions, September 2008.
- Opting for Partnership: Governance Innovations in Southeast Asia. Institute On Southeast Asian Studies, January 2000.
- Representative, Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration
- Member, American Society for Public Administration
- Member, International City/County Management Association
- Board Member and Past President, West Bay Pilipino Multi-Services Center
- President, Pilipino Senior Resource Center
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Judith E. Browning Award for Outstanding Teaching, 2008
- Outstanding Scholarship of Application, Integration, and Discovery Award, 2006
- Adjunct Professor of Politics and Asian Studies, University of San Francisco
- Assistant Professor of Public Policy and Administration, National University of San Francisco
- Visiting Professor of International Politics, University of International Business and Economics (China) and Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines)