Faculty: John Hawes
- Senior Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco, Online
John E. Hawes, M.I.M., an instructor and lecturer since 1989 and a Golden Gate University Senior Adjunct Faculty member, strongly supports independent, directed learning as well as the unique student-faculty relationship that the University fosters. Hawes has spent fifteen years involved in various aspects of the high-tech industry, including market research, international operations, software development, hardware and inventory issues, logistics management, legal and audit issues, tax and compliance programs, risk management, insurance, project management requirements and training programs. He currently heads his own international trade consulting business, which also addresses the needs of start-up businesses.
- MIM, American Graduate School of International Management
- BA (Political Science & Russian Area Studies), University of California Santa Barbara
PROFESSIONAL AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 1996 - Present: Senior Adjunct faculty, Golden Gate University
- 1996 - Present: Owner and Lead Consultant, International Information Specialist
- 1986 - 1996: Export/Import Operations Manager, System Integrators, Inc.
- 1982 - 1995: Market Research Specialist, System Integrators
- Book, Paintings on the Wall, self-published in 1996
- Book, Song Guide, in process
- Board of Directors, Inland International Trade Association, Inc.
- Advisory Board, Los Rios Center for International Trade Development
- Licensed FIFA soccer referee and coach for ten years
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Lewis Lancaster Award for academic achievement, University of California Santa Barbara
MEDIA AND INTERVIEWS
- Unique series of lectures titled "Gigatrends in Global Trade." TV Channel 30 Seminar
- UC Davis Japanese Agricultural Training Program