Faculty: Kerry Curtis
- Professor Emeritus
- San Francisco
Dr. Kerry P. Curtis is Professor Emeritus at the Ageno School of Business at Golden
Gate University. He was professor of marketing and had a variety of administrative
roles in his 14 years there, before retiring in January of 2007 from his full-time
position. He teaches one class per year in the doctoral program and is advising several
doctoral students in their dissertation research work.
Before joining GGU in 1993, he worked for twenty years at Bank of America, where his roles involved marketing research, locations planning, social policy, and public affairs. Curtis was Executive Assistant to the C.E.O. for two years in the late 1970s. During his time at Bank of America, Curtis also served on the board of SPUR the San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association, and was on the Steering Committee of the Bay Area Council, among other community involvements. He currently serves on the boards of the Commonwealth Club of California and Cantare Con Vivo, a musical organization based in Oakland.
Curtis's PhD in Operations Research is from the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania. Curtis is a native of the Bay Area, a Cal grad, and has lived in Orinda with his wife Lynn, an artist, for 35 years. Their three children and four grandchildren also live in northern California.
RESEARCH INTERESTS & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Sustainability in Business
- Environmental Policy
- AB Physical Sciences, University of California, Berkeley
- MBA, University of California, Berkeley
- PhD, Operations Research, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2007 - Present: Professor Emeritus, Golden Gate University,CA
- 1993 - 2006: Professor of Marketing, Golden Gate University
- 1990 - 1995: Lecturer, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- 1969 - 1990: Bank of America, San Francisco, California