Faculty: Lawrence A. Souza
- Senior Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco
Mr. Souza has 22 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Prior
to Johnson Souza Group, Inc., and New York Life Insurance Company/NYLIFE Securities
LLC, Mr. Souza worked for Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) as Managing
Director -- Index Services; Chief Economist Managing Director with Global Real Analytics
(GRA); and Investment Advisor for Quantum Financial Network (QFN).
Mr. Souza is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor, and licensed California insurance agent. He has been an investment advisor and commercial real estate broker, providing economic and investment consulting services to retail and institutional real estate investors. He has also held senior positions in strategic portfolio research and analysis with BRE Properties, Metric Realty Advisors, Mellon-McMahan/MacFarlane Partners, Norris/Beggs & Simpson and Grubb & Ellis. Mr. Souza holds graduate degrees in several fields including: finance, economics, public administration, information systems and political science. He has taught at the college level for the past 15 years.
- DBA (Corporate Finance/Real Estate Management), Golden Gate University
- MA (Political Science), San Francisco State University
- MS (Information Systems), University of San Francisco
- MS (Finance), Golden Gate University
- MPA (Public Finance and housing), San Francisco State University
- MA (Applied Economics), San Francisco State University
- BS (Business Administration), San Francisco State University
- BA (Economics), San Francisco State University
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2011 - 2012: Financial Services Professional, New York Life Insurance Company
- 2009 - 2012: Principal, Johnson/Souza Group, Inc.
- 2006 - 2009: Managing Director Index Services, Charles Schwab Investment Management
- 2003 - 2006: Principal, Johnson/Souza Group, Inc.
- 1996 - 2003: Director of Research, BRE Properties, Inc.
- 1995 - 1996: Market and Financial Analyst, Metric Realty Advisors, Inc.
- 1992 - 1995: Senior Market Analyst, Mellon/McMahan
- 1990 - 1992: Office Market Research Analyst, Norris, Beggs & Simpson
- 1989 - 1990: Research Director, Grubb & Ellis
- 2002 - Present: Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University
- 2012: Visiting Assistant Professor, REALTOR University
- 2005 - 2007: California State University East Bay
- 2004: Adjunct Professor, University of Santa Clara
- 1996 - 2000: Adjunct Professor San Francisco State University
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker (Realtor)
- Licensed General Securities Representative: Series #7
- Licensed Uniformed Combined State Law: Series #66 Investment Advisor
- Licensed California State Life Insurance Agent
- Certified Estate Advisor
- San Francisco, California, National Association of Realtors
- Counselors of Real Estate
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Homer Hoyt Institute
- Institute of Real Estate Management