Faculty: Mike Cheng
- Senior Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco
Mike Cheng retired as an executive from the technology industry in 2007 to pursue
his mission of helping corporations achieve their performance potentials and working
with the next generation business or technology professionals to advance their business
knowledge through practice-based learning in an academic setting.
Since 2004, Mr. Cheng has served on the Advisory Board of the Ageno School of Business at Golden Gate University (GGU). In 2007, he joined the adjunct faculty to teach in the Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Professional MBA and Company Sponsored MBA programs. His teaching specialties include business strategy formulation and execution, business ethics, corporate social responsibilities and sustainability, and leadership theory.
In 2011, Mr. Cheng became a Faculty-In-Residence of the College of Science at San Jose State University (SJSU) where he established a program that offers practical business knowledge to science and technology students. Mr. Cheng speaks regularly at student events on leadership and professional development topics. He appreciates the financial challenges that higher educational institutions face in today's economic environment and offers in-kind and financial support. He serves on campaign committees at the College of Science of SJSU and the College of Chemistry of the University of California at Berkeley (UC Berkeley).
Since 2009, Mr. Cheng has participated in the Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program offered by the College of Natural Resources of UC Berkeley as a scholarship sponsor and a guest lecturer. In 2007, he co-founded an organization with a group of Asian American corporate executives to offer leadership development opportunities to aspiring Asian American professionals in the Bay Area. The first training seminar was offered in the Summer of 2010 by faculty members from the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University.
- Graduate,American Electronic Association/Stanford Executive Management Institute
- MBA, Golden Gate University
- BS (Chemical Engineering), University of California Berkeley
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2004 - Present: Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University
Varian Associates, Inc., Microwave Power Products Division
- 2000 - 2006: Corporate VP and Eimac Division President
- 1999 - 2000: VP Operations
- 1995 - 1999: VP, Marketing
- 1994 - 1995: Marketing Manager
- 1991 - 1994: Senior Production Manager
- 1985 - 1991: Program Manager
- 1980 - 1985: Process Engineer
- 1977 - 1980: Associate Engineer, General Electric Corporation, Nuclear Energy Division
- Golden Gate University, Advisory Board