University Library: Services
Librarian professionals are available to help students, faculty and alumni with research questions and use of library materials such as selecting a research topic, using library databases, citing sources and much more. Librarians can work with you one-on-one or in groups and are available by appointment for in-depth research help. To see how we can help you please contact the library at:
Submit the webform below to email your question to a librarian. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible; expected turnaround time to answer your question is 1-2 days
If the GGU Library does not have a book or article you need you can submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request and we will request the item(s) be sent from another library. Read more about our ILL service on our Library Policies Guide.
We can also deliver books from our library or photocopies of articles in our collection to distance students who can't come to the library in San Francisco. To request a book or article, please fill out the form below:
Librarians are assigned to each academic department and can provide specialized research assistance to faculty and students. Each department's liaison is available to recommend library materials and resources, provide reference services and research consultations, and offer instruction in library and information use.
The Library provides a variety of services to help faculty and students use Library resources and enrich their academic experience. Here are just a few of the services we provide:
- Classroom Instruction - on-campus or online covering topics from citing sources to locating industry information
- Electronic Reserves - provide students online access to reserve course materials you have selected
- Digital Learning Objects - customized research guides, demos or library assignments for your course
- Multimedia Content - enhance your online course with streaming video or DVDs from the Library's collection
ACCESS TO THE LIBRARY
- All GGU alumni with a valid GGU Alumni Library card from the Law or Business Libraries may enter either library and use or check-out circulating materials.
- GGU alumni may use the libraries free of charge for two years following graduation.
- Access after the first two years requires payment of $25 annual fee.
- Access to fee-based databases is restricted to GGU students and faculty.
- No Access to the group study spaces is permitted (group study rooms are for currently enrolled students only).
LIBRARY ALUMNI CARDS
- Alumni with student ID Cards are converted to Alumni Library Cards.
- Alumni with no cards are issued an alumni library card (requires application).
- Alumni are charged $10 for a replacement card.
ALUMNI RESOURCES GUIDE
For alumni who can't make it into the library to use the library's databases, we have compiled a list of free resources available online for research topics. These include, websites, government and free databases, and cover a variety of subjects.
Alumni are free to use the expertise and extensive knowledge of the university librarians. You may submit your questions to a librarian via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling the Reference Desk at 415-442-7244 or 1-877-448-8542 or stopping into the library.
While in the library building, alumni have complete access to the library's paid databases. Unfortunately, vendor contracts prohibit the library from allowing alumni remote access to the databases.
Corporate membership is available to companies for a yearly fee. Corporate members are able to borrow library materials and use library databases while in the library. Unfortunately, vendor contracts prohibit the library from allowing corporate members remote access to the databases. See the Corporate Membership Application Form for additional cost and membership information.
COMPUTERS & WIFI
The Library offers desktop computers (PCs) with access to the Library catalog, databases and the Internet. Wireless access is also available to GGU students, faculty, staff and approved University guests. Instructions on how to get onto the GGU wireless network are available at the Library Circulation Desk.
COPYING, PRINTING & SCANNING
Self-service, black and white, copying and printing are available in the library.
- Print: $.13/page
- Copy: $.13/page
- Scan: no charge
Rechargeable Copy Cards are available for purchase at the print card machine in the library. Copy Cards cost $1.00.You will need a $1 bill to purchase the card (no coins accepted in the machine).
You can also add money to your Copy Card at the print card machine. Bills of any denomination will be accepted but no coins. Please note: print card machines do not give change. The entire amount of cash you insert will be added to the balance of your card.