Graduate Certificate in Technical Market Analysis
Golden Gate University's nationally prominent graduate Technical Analysis program was founded and developed by Professor Henry Pruden, one of the leading authorities on technical analysis education. The program is designed to enhance the professional capabilities of traders, advisers, portfolio managers and brokers in stocks, bonds, derivatives, and commodities. Our nationally known practice-experienced faculty are uniquely advantaged to teach the latest in investor psychology and behavioral finance as well as the classic techniques by R.D Wyckoff and by Edwards and Magee. Reflecting the growing need for professional credentials, the program is aligned with and helps prepare students for either the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) or the Chartered Financial Technician (CFTe) examinations.
Online study: Golden Gate University developed the TMA certificate in an online format. New students start with FI 352 online and will be offered the appropriate sequence of classes going forward. Students typically complete the certificate in 18 months or less.
Ageno School of Business Courses: $2,805 per 3-unit course.
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
No comprehensive examination is required.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate University) before the certificate courses can be completed.
TOTAL UNITS -- 15
REQUIRED COURSES -- 15 UNITS
- FI 352
- Technical Analysis of Securities
- FI 354
- Wyckoff Method I
- FI 355
- Wyckoff Method II
- FI 358
- Technical Analysis of Trading: Strategy and Implementation
Any other ECON or FI 300- or 400-level course not previously taken.
FINANCE AND ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT
- Naser Abumustafa, Chair & Professor of Finance Department
- Maneeza Aminy, Adjunct Professor
- Xi Bai, Adjunct Professor
- Nicholas Bergan, Adjunct Professor
- Roman Bogomazov, Adjunct Professor
- Martin Brook, Adjunct Professor
- Scott Buchanan, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Elissa Buie, Adjunct Professor
- Gregg Clarke, Adjunct Professor
- Saundra Davis, Adjunct Professor
- Marty Dirks, Adjunct Professor
- Peter C. Freeman, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Philip Friedman, Professor
- Kacy Gott, Adjunct Professor
- Lewis Gridley, Adjunct Professor
- Steve Hawkey, Professor
- William Hermann, Senior Adjunct Faculty
- Honorable Christopher R. Inama, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Todd Jensen, Adjunct Professor
- Elizabeth Jetton, Adjunct Professor
- Robert Kagan, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Rick Kahler, Adjunct Professor
- Peter Lou, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Thomas McAlone, Adjunct Professor
- Martin Medeiros, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Randy Merk, Adjunct Professor
- Brian Pon, Adjunct Professor
- Harry Portolos, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Martin Pring, Adjunct Professor
- Henry Pruden, Professor
- Ross Richardson, Adjunct Professor
- William C. Sarsfield, Senior Adjunct Faculty
- Larry Schimka, Adjunct Professor
- Shahbaz Shahbazi, Adjunct Professor
- Raj Sharma, Adjunct Professor
- Hamid Shomali, Professor
- Lawrence A. Souza, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Brett Villaume, Adjunct Professor
- Mark Walsh, Adjunct Professor
- Douglas Weinstein, Adjunct Professor
- Dr. David Yeske, Director of Financial Planning
- Iana Zemniakova, Adjunct Professor
- John Zott, Adjunct Professor
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.