Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning
Many business professionals recognize the importance of advanced study in finance, but have neither the time nor the need to complete the requirements for a traditional academic degree. For such students, a graduate certificate is the ideal solution.
Completion of the graduate financial planning certificate also meets the educational requirement of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. This graduate certificate program enables students to master all of the critical functional areas of financial planning. The program culminates in a capstone case course in which members of the class prepare and deliver comprehensive financial plans.
The seven courses that make up the graduate financial planning certificate also comprise much of the core of the MS degree in financial planning. Thus, students who complete the certificate program may need only three additional courses in order to complete the MS degree. Speak with the director of the financial planning program about this exciting opportunity.
Ageno School of Business Courses: $2,805 per 3-unit course.
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
The Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning requires the completion of seven courses (21 units), plus any necessary prerequisite courses. Before the certificate courses can be completed, prerequisites must be satisfied through transfer of equivalent coursework or by taking the courses at Golden Gate University.
No comprehensive examination is required.
TOTAL UNITS -- 21
Required Courses -- 21 units
- FI 420
- Personal Financial Planning
- FI 421
- Personal Investment Management
- FI 422
- Retirement and Employee Benefits Planning
- FI 425
- Income Tax Planning
- FI 426
- Estate Planning (Must be taken as part of the final six units of the program)
- FI 434
- Cases in Financial Planning
- FI 483
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning
FINANCE AND ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT
- Naser Abumustafa, Chair & Professor of Finance Department
- Maneeza Aminy, Adjunct Professor
- Nicholas Bergan, Adjunct Professor
- Roman Bogomazov, Adjunct Professor
- Martin Brook, Adjunct Professor
- Scott Buchanan, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Elissa Buie, Adjunct Professor
- Saundra Davis, Adjunct Professor
- Marty Dirks, Adjunct Professor
- Peter C. Freeman, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Philip Friedman, Professor
- Kacy Gott, Adjunct Professor
- Lewis Gridley, Adjunct Professor
- Steve Hawkey, Professor
- William Hermann, Senior Adjunct Faculty
- Honorable Christopher R. Inama, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Todd Jensen, Adjunct Professor
- Robert Kagan, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Rick Kahler, Adjunct Professor
- Peter Lou, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Thomas McAlone, Adjunct Professor
- Martin Medeiros, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Randy Merk, Adjunct Professor
- Brian Pon, Adjunct Professor
- Harry Portolos, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Martin Pring, Adjunct Professor
- Henry Pruden, Professor
- Ross Richardson
- William C. Sarsfield, Senior Adjunct Faculty
- Larry Schimka, Adjunct Professor
- Shahbaz Shahbazi, Adjunct Professor
- Raj Sharma, Adjunct Professor
- Hamid Shomali, Professor
- Lawrence A. Souza, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Brett Villaume, Adjunct Professor
- Mark Walsh, Adjunct Professor
- Dr. David Yeske, Director of Financial Planning
- John Zott, Adjunct Professor
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.