Graduate Certificate in Public Relations
A specialized graduate certificate program designed to help working professionals to update their skills in the PR field.
Savvy public relations professionals are in increasing demand, and Golden Gate University offers the graduate certificate in public relations for those want a less extensive program than a master's degree. The graduate certificate in public relations is a professional development program designed primarily for professionals who want to develop existing skills or learn new ones to stay competitive.
Ageno School of Business Courses: $2,925 per 3-unit course.
Tuition varies for other courses. See Tuition & Fees for details.
This program is offered at the following location:
Graduate Writing Proficiency Requirement
Students admitted to the graduate certificate in public relations program must meet the graduate writing proficiency requirement within the first nine units of the program by successfully passing the graduate writing proficiency exam or by completing ENGL 201 Graduate Writing with a grade of B or better.
Total Units -- 18
Required Courses -- 18 units
- MKT 305
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- PR 320
- Contemporary Public Relations
- PR 330A
- Writing for Public Relations and Marketing Communications
- PR 332
- Media Relations and the Professional Spokesperson
- PR 334
- Managing Public Issues: Consumer Affairs and Government Relations
One 300-level course with any of the following prefixes: ACCTG, ENGL, FI, MKT or PR.
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
- Andrey Aredakov, Adjunct Professor
- Thea Bellos, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Nicole Birdsall, Adjunct Professor
- Vincent Canobbio, Adjunct Professor
- Kerry Curtis, Professor Emeritus
- Anthony J. DeLeon, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Matthew Fisher, Adjunct Professor
- Ali Haris, Adjunct Professor
- John Chris Harris, Adjunct Professor
- Sue Ann Hirschberg, Adjunct Professor
- Hamid Kargaran, Adjunct Professor
- Jason Karpf, Adjunct Professor
- Mary Jean Koontz, Senior Adjunct Professor
- James Lee, Adjunct Professor
- Eric Limbs, Adjunct Professor
- Jeff J. Pallin, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Laura Pogue, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Holly Potter, Adjunct Professor
- Henry "Hank" Pruden, Professor
- John Rooney, Adjunct Professor
- Michael Savod, Distinguished Adjunct Professor
- Don Surath, Adjunct Professor
- Blodwen Tarter, Chair and Professor of Marketing and Public Relations
- Richard Trutz, Senior Adjunct Professor
- Goldie Viegas, Adjunct Professor
- Susan Walters, Adjunct Professor
- Sheila Whitescarver-McKnight, Adjunct Professor
Thank you for requesting information about a degree program at Golden Gate University. You will receive an e-mail confirming your request in a few minutes. An enrollment counselor will be calling you soon to answer all your questions about how to get started.