Faculty: William Wesley
- Adjunct Professor
- San Francisco, Online
William Wesley is an Adjunct Professor at Golden Gate University in the Ageno School
in Business in San Francisco, California. He teaches management principles and business
communication in the undergraduate program. As a corporate trainer, he provides customer
service, sales and presentation skill training to corporate clients. William is a
Dispute Resolution Arbitrator with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
William is an author who released his first book, Full Life Balance: Five Keys to
the Kingdom in 2011.
William has over 25 years in sales, financial services and retail sales management. He has been directly involved in the financial services industry since 1995 with Morgan Stanley, Charles Schwab, Citibank and Merrill Lynch and has held such positions as Financial Advisor, Bank Branch Manager, and Vice President of Investor Education. Prior to his time in financial services he held sales and store manager positions in the consumer retail environment. William holds basic and supervisory securities licenses (Series 7, 24, 63, and 65) and a Life and Disability license. He also holds a Real Estate Brokers license. He received his MBA and his JD (Doctor of Jurisprudence) from Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
William is a former San Francisco Human Rights Commissioner, the creator of the Stadium Scholarship program, a former Board of Managers member of the Bayview Hunters Point YMCA, former Program Director of the Mayors Summer Youth Employment Program and a current advisory board member of Biotech Partners, a youth science internship program.
He enjoys sailing, reading, playing tennis and spending time with his wife, children and grandchildren.
- JD, Golden Gate University
- Real Estate Broker, California Department of Real Estate
- MBA, Golden Gate University
- BS (Business Administration, Finance)
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2008 - Present: Financial Advisor / Financial Solutions Advisor-Assistant Vice-President, Merrill Lynch
- 2009 - Present: Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University
- 2006 - 2008 Vice President, Financial Education
- 2004 - 2006 Branch Manager, Vice President
- 2002 - 2003: Host and Producer, Presentation Sales Training
- 1999 - 2002: Regional Training Manager, Investor Education, Charles Schwab and Company
- 1995 - 1999: Registered Representative / 401k Consultant, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
- 1986 - 1995: Store Manager, The Good Guys
- Board Member, Biotech Partners
- Board Member, Bayview Hunters Point YMCA
- Founder, Stadium Scholarship Program
- Commissioner, San Francisco Human Rights Commission